The Reentry Program is funded by a federal grant and administered by Tidewater Youth Services Commission, in partnership with the Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice. The reentry process prepares youth for a successful return to the community from a juvenile correctional center and helps ensure that he/she avoids further court action or involvement.
Reentry case managers provide services in a
number of areas, to include:
- Assisting with job skills and employment
- Teaching independent living skills
- Developing positive leisure activities
- Exploring educational opportunities
- Securing identifying information including birth certificates,
social security cards, driver’s license or state identification card
- Determining available transportation options
- Encouraging family communication
- Linking to mental health support and other community resources,
including substance abuse treatment and anger management
For more information on the Reentry Program, contact Joe Lloyd at 757-488-1786 or [email protected].