Start Your Career Today
Making second chances a reality for court-involved and at-risk youth throughout the Tidewater Region.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT
To apply for any vacant TYSC position, please follow the instructions below:
APPLICATION PACKETS FOR ALL POSITIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- To see all our open positions, visit our Indeed Page!
- To apply, please fill out our Online Application and upload your resume and cover letter with your online application.
- Both resume and cover letter must be submitted to be considered.
- Candidates will need to submit a separate application for each position via the Online Application.
- If unable to upload your application, resume, and cover letter via the Online Application, please email the document(s) to [email protected].
- Applications submitted via Mighty Recruiter are screened to verify that the application packet is complete and that the applicant is qualified for the position. Applicants will receive notice that their applications have been received automatically through an email from Mighty Recruiter. Applications are then forwarded to the director of the appropriate program for review. The complete screening process can take several weeks. No phone calls, please.
- Please check your application status through your profile on Mighty Recruiter.
- A pre-employment drug screen for illegal substances will be required if selected. CPR and First Aid certification is required for all counseling positions before a selected applicant may begin employment. If a degree is required for the position, an original transcript will also be required.
- Individuals who have been convicted of "barrier crimes" are not eligible for employment as per the Code of Virginia, Section 63.2-1726. For a list of barrier crimes, go to http://dss.virginia.gov/facility/lcpa.cgi. Click on "Background Investigations" and then "Barrier Crimes."
- The excellent benefits package for full-time employees includes: health insurance with Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield (including medical, dental, prescription, vision and mental health coverage); membership in the Virginia Retirement System (including pension and group life insurance as well as the option to purchase additional life insurance); a deferred compensation plan; short and long-term disability, a legal services plan; eligibility for membership in two credit unions; and generous leave benefits.
- Tidewater Youth Services Commission is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Commission to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics or disability.
“I enjoy working with the more challenging youth. They keep me young and teach me new things. I like role modeling how to be human, make mistakes, have a sense of humor, and be a professional at the same time.”
"I've always had a passion for working with the next generation of youth and helping them reach their full potential. Sometimes they get stuck and need a little assistance getting back on track."
"I enjoy the positive impact of helping youth transition into adulthood...I personally know the impact a single positive influence can have on a person's life and I hope I can provide that same inspiration to our clients."
"I just don't like working for TYSC, I LOVE working for TYSC. Because it gives me a chance to turn around a young man's life or better yet to save a young man's life."