The 2nd Chance Reentry Program provides counseling, mentoring, and case management to high-risk parolees up to the age of 21. Initially created under a federal grant, 2nd Chance Reentry is now directly funded through the Department of Juvenile Justice. There is no cost to local CSU jurisdictions, clients or families.
Referrals are made by the youth’s Parole Officer as soon as possible after commitment. Youth are interviewed at placement and pre-release services begin upon acceptance. All Comprehensive Reentry plans are individualized to meet the client’s needs.
2nd Chance Reentry services include:
- Family Reintegration
- Employment skills and assistance with job seeking
- Educational planning
- Vocational options
- Independent living skills
- Legal documents
- Linking clients to community resources
- Mental health services & medication management
- High-risk domains: counseling and guidance
- Pro-social activities
- Supervision: GPS monitoring for the first 30 days in the community
- Financial support through the TYS Foundation
The above services are not inclusive. 2nd Chance Reentry remains flexible in the development of treatment plans in an effort to meet all identified needs of referring agencies, clients, and families.
For more information on the Reentry Program, contact Joe Lloyd at 757-488-1786 or [email protected].